Interested in making a career switch? Consider becoming a truck driver in Oakland, IA! In relatively little time, you can get the necessary training and licensure to jump into a big rig and start hauling trailers all over the country.
There are a ton of benefits associated with taking on a career as a trucker. Here are just a few examples of some of the biggest benefits:
- Job security: Times are tough right now for a lot of Americans, especially in the wake of the economic devastation wrought by the COVID-19 pandemic. Trucking as an industry offers outstanding job security. Companies are always in need of drivers to haul their goods from place to place, especially as online shopping becomes increasingly prevalent and last-mile services become more common. There is tremendous security in trucking at the moment, which is an attractive prospect for many people looking to make a career change.
- Travel: Truckers get to see a lot of the country from an up-close perspective, and get paid to do so. While you’re not exactly getting out to go sightseeing, it can still be a great experience to spend so much time exploring different parts of the country and the different landscapes and environments that make up the United States. You might never otherwise have the opportunity to see some of the parts of the country you’d see as a trucker.
- Good pay: Truckers generally get paid well for their work, even as beginners. Most of the benefits from trucking companies are also good, which is another thing to consider when making a career switch. Plus, you can get started with the work in a relatively short amount of time—it doesn’t take a whole lot of financial investment to get the training you need, and you don’t have to purchase a whole lot of equipment to be able to do the work.
- Opportunities to learn skills on the road: There are plenty of opportunities for self-improvement while you’re spending hours out on the road. Many truck drivers listen to educational audio books or recordings, or learn new languages. Others listen to novels or podcasts that help them expand their minds and creativity. Being able to build skills and knowledge while driving is a major perk of the job.
- Alone time: If you’re the kind of person who prefers to spend a lot of time alone, trucking might be a great job for you, as there’s a lot of time in isolation in your cabin. You might find it to be a peaceful experience!
These are just a few examples of some of the benefits of being a trucker and why a career as a truck driver might be a good fit for you. If you’re interested in learning more about some of the reasons why you should consider making the career switch, we encourage you to contact our team at Steve Emken Trucking, a trucking company in Oakland, IA, with any questions you have about the kind of work truckers do.